Friday, May 30, 2014

dreams




Where is this house? In Warren,Ohio my birthplace and what does it cost. $O But who cold afford to restore it. I have always wanted to tackle a project like this. This Old house thrills me.. I dream of remodeling an grand old lady to new glory and then wake up to reality. Maybe that is why I like mysteries that deal with renovations for casual cozy reads.

Why would I want this? Think of it as a great B&B. Though they are a lot of work and take time to build a client base,it is a home based business that allows you to live in it. I could bake in the AM do laundry etc; everything I do anyway, but on a bigger scale. But there is a more personal reason, I could take one room an line the walls with bookshelves for my books, adda chaise lounge and a good lamp. Heaven on earth for me.

Dreams they are necessary for life. Dreams spur us to action. Some dream of a business such as my pal Karrie Ruebke's dream to have her coffee shop/ Result Brewed Awakening and it is a great place. Yes, it is not perfect yet and kinks need to be worked out. Still she had a dream, took action and is building on it. That takes courage, work and family support and she has it all.

Another pal is Andrea springer and her Knitting Savant business. Her knitting retreats and fiber centered road trips are well planned relaxing treat for like minded people and if you run into a stitch problem , she can and will lead you to the solution. He husband Steve is also one who goes for his dreams. Some are just beginning to develop but he is also a local business supporter supreme. proud to know this couple.

My dream is to write and this is becoming a major life focus. Story circle network has become a place for sharing, learning and creative production. Joining was the smartest decision I have made. This June a writing retreat at Windreak House will put me a bit further down the road.

The point of this blog is dreams spur us, but they do not come true until put into action. Also being adult( and why were we in such a hurry to be adult) we have to realize what we can do based on age , finances etc and be realistic about what can be made real. I will not get to do the house but I can and will write. So readers-- Dream as it can only enrich your life and your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment