Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday session

The skies have cleared, AND IT IS MUGGY. so glad I am not out on a boat or camping trip. They are fun but heat and I do not get along. Have done some writing and have some things yet to do but lazy has set in. We all have those days but this one hit me early and has progressed. Oh well, this too shall pass.

One thing is hard for me is to have someone I care for in pain. in the past several weeks tow of granddaughters have had a virus or strep that knocked them down for over a week. So wanted to be there for them but distance did not allow be there to run them whoever they wanted to eat or drink. Today another friend was working despite a really bad back. I winced inside when I saw her walk but I had tried to be positive. Still being home i keep thinking and wondering how she is. Thankfully her family is really good to help her.

There are people around Hutchinson. Kansas ( yes, eve here) that stubble to feed children, maintain , shelter, pay bills and feel good about themselves. As a teacher and citizen I hear too often that they are lazy, drug user, amoral no good drains on the taxpayers. NO they are not. I have parents who work several jobs to survive and still care for their parents. They work but need the reduced meals for their kids and there are plenty who need it but are too proud to take it. churches used to reach out to these people and I do not see as mud of this as before. I wonder if the services to good working people who need a boost are cut again and again to provide tax cuts to better off people will the churches return to their old charitable practices? It scares me that I see politics who bio themselves as CHRISTIANs rooting policies that hurt those who need a boost.


Did I get progress on the memoir? Yes, I am writing maternal stories from my mother's family. There is material galore but it takes time to decide how to do it and now that i have written it I want to revise it and more than likely will when I go to Windbreak House. Just want to get stuff down so I can get it focused , revised and on the road to something worth reading. Linda Hasslestrom you have your work cut out for you a the end of June. I just hope I do not frustrate you too much.

Am getting politically active too in the coming election as I am a volunteer for Docking-Davis.Uusally I am an independent but can not countenance any other choice this time. So putting action where my thoughts flow. My work, my vote, they count. If you do neither then do not complain about the state of the state, nation or world, enough said for now. expect me to get more wound up later.



No comments:

Post a Comment