Monday, May 19, 2014

Even before the day begins I know it is going to be one of those days. Not not horrible, no bad news etc., but one where what I have to do has no deadlines, no pressure, no half todo it now list. Oh there is list; there always is. It is just one where nay i will know if it is done and frankly today my get up and do it done flew out the window some time yesterday. Summer does that that to me.I do better when my personal task time is limited by my work tasks. guess that is why full retirement is not yet looked to as a blessing. I fear turning into a pj wearing, book, reading, sweater knitting, coffee drinking do nothing.

Sometimes I wonder why these days arrive as I am not usually unmotivated. I am a do it , get done gal. But then I hit one of these brick wall days and every thing that gets done is done as if it weighs tons. As I said earlier they happen more often when I do not have a set schedule, but in truth they do happen that often. Also I am fully aware the tasks that get delayed are those I do not particularly enjoy and grocery shopping is one of them. In fact I choose to go to the smallest Dillons in Hutch as it is compact, choices are limited and I am in and out quickly. the necessities are there and my prayers were answered when they put IAMS dog food on the shelf. My world was made complete and easier.

I have been reading the new Longmire book by Craig Johnson and once again am in the west world. John Wayne tough Sheriff in the modern world. He rings so true so true I can expect to meet him on the street. the supporting characters add to the book bliss. Vic is a gutsy, independent woman and Lucian the retire sherif is just the rascally mentor the Longmire needed to be what has become. Oddly I cam across this series by accident through the tv series ( excellent by the way) which begins its third season june second on A%E. this is only the second time this has happened. The first was The Dresden Files from the Jim Butcher series but it only had a single season,Yet when I read and I have read them all I see Dreseden looking like Harry Blackthorne who portrayed them.

While I am at it. let me tell you the C.J.Box series about a wily park ranger is great reading too. Have to thank Okema Shaw for introducing me to Joe. No real visual model for him but I love the books but have not read them in order. Just dipping my foot in the Yellowstone area he patrols when I find one and finding they do well as stand alines.

Dana Stabenow is another local writer I love. Kate and her Alaska are always worthy of an all night reading session and i am awaiting the next one. her silk road trilogy is doing wells a read but I have to say Kate and Mutt hold my heart.

Cozy mysteries also fil my shelves/ Susan Wittig Albert and Joan Fluke are hardback favorites. Kate Carlisle,Juliet Blackwell, Cleo Coyle paperbacks are on my reading table. M.K.Rose is also there with her somewhat gothic. romantic, mystery mix that makes the pages turn.

Hey something has come up and my energy level is up to it. Can you guess what it is? No surprises there, I bet. Oh yes I am going to write.




No comments:

Post a Comment