Tuesday, June 3, 2014

the good the bad.

So it is Tuesday and my summer class stars tonight. I am teaching it on three campuses at once via ITV. Technology allows this. I am fond of the method and the ease it allows students but have to admit it lacks personal connection for me. Therefore I try to make visits to teach from each campus. The personal connection is for me at least something that makes teaching easier and more fulfilling.

I had a nice thing happen last week. At Buhler National Honor Society initiates ask a teacher to pi them at induction. I got a tex asking me to do this from a French student and the ceremony is Sept 21st. I was so pleased to say yes. when a student does something like this you feel you have done you job. I smiled all day.

Another nice thing was having family visit this weekend. They came in late Friday and left early Sunday. It was a busy Saturday of shopping, talking and a late night show. Exhausting but so dang satisfying;

Before I forget, Friday was good for another reason as a good pal and I took her children to Frozen. A good movie and great on the big screen, it was better seen with them.

Monday's house party for Davis docking was good. New people came

Only one not so good thing -- a good pal ended up in the ER and was held for observation. I am awaiting news from her. It was so sudden but another friend was with her and that help.

1 comment:

  1. Always good to hear good news! Prayers that the friend ends up well again soon!
    Joanie Moore

    ReplyDelete