Thursday, May 29, 2014

howling in the dawn



So some mornings you greet the day with a good howl--- and hopefully it is a happy one. Charley the coyote featured in Shreve Stockton"s daily email looks happy here. http://www.dailycoyote.net I love getting the daily photos of Charley they make the day better somehow and they do not need a lot os words. She saved Charley as a pup and raised him, and like all children he challenged her for pack leadership at one time. She won and the rest is history. She wrote a book about their battle but i saw that she not only found the coyote she also got to know herself as she went through the relationship. Now Charley is watched over because he trusts humans not all of whom would allow him to live.<"http://www.dailycoyote.net">

Today was a happy howl day for me. I got my floors cleaned by me. the cable man switched out my cable box so the new telly in the kitchen/ rec room works. Also had my favorite meal at noon as Brewed Awakening featured baked potatoes for lunch. topped it with butter, sour cream, bacon, and dives. So now it is writing time and relaxing as I have a meeting at 6:30. So a good day and tomorrow bodes well to be another--- going to Frozen at the Fox theater the first film in their dil series for this summer. A pal and her two kids are going with me and that is a bonus.Then late that night Dana and KK will come in for the weekend and we will hit the Our Lady of Guadalupe Fiesta. Great way to end the week and the whipped cream on it all is the LONGMIRE season 2 marathon with Monday being the start of season three.

Did I mention that I got the new Jim Butcher Dresden novel in the mail, have the new c.J.Box on my kindle and am reading the Bookman's Tale? Have to watch that reading does not push everything aside as I need to get some stuff on the pc for my retreat at windbreak house in late June. Guess this summer won't be boring.

Of course not all howls are happy, and I have had my fair share of the lonely, sorrowful or mad as H*** howls. Who hasn't? Still if life has taught me anything, it is not to let such things rule my life. I go ahead and howl and then do what I can and then let Him handle it. Makes life easier. A person can not always handle what life gives them but he/she can handle the way they react to it. Go for the positive and life is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment