Monday, October 12, 2015

long days

My eyes popped open just before 3:30AM. I tried to return to sleep but no such luck; the day had begun. I found myself writing on the mystery and revising a section, and I started supper in the crockpot. To be honest it will be several suppers and I will probably freeze some of it. It is one of the problems of living single after constantly cooking for 5-15 a meal. twenty-five years after the divorce, I sometimes cook for the five and have several days food in one cooking spree. I try not to feed human eats to the three beggars at my knees. Tonight's meal is a definite no no as it has ingredients not so hot for dogs but the meat balls are tempting them.

At any rate my early beginning has made this a long day. My morning class from 9-11:55 met and I was there but four students did not bother to come. I did a quick trip home, exercised the dogs , had a sandwich and took off to teach the speech class. Mondays are always busy ,but I am not usually tired after the routine. Today I am. three something o 'clock is getting to me.

Tomorrow I am at HMS7 all day and then off to Newton for a night class. That means getting home around 10:30 or 11:00PM. It is always a long day and I sleep well after it. My hope is I sleep tonight as it would make tomorrow longer if I do not do so.

Yes, I am busy and yes, I said yes to the classes. I enjoy the teaching, and I enjoy being busy; but I dislike the feeling of being sleepy while doing classes or driving. Sleepiness is different than being tired. Tired does not cause you to chance an accident as you drive home So being careful is a necessity. I will if sleepy take a longer way home as it has less traffic.

Enough this sounds like self -pity, and I dislike that more than being sleepy. So later to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment