Saturday, October 31, 2015

Decisions

  Today I had to make a decision that was necessary but not necessarily one with which I was happy. The Thanksgiving holiday is approaching and one of my daughters had issued her annual invitation to share it with her. Some years she was here ; some years I was with her. with a new grandchildren in her home, it was to be at her house this year. However her home is a nine hour drive form my home and this is in part why I decided not to go with deep regrets.

  My HMS7  job is not working that entire week which gave me the time to drive it and to not have to run right back. However, my teaching for  the community college does not stop until Wednesday, and I have a night class on Tuesday night.  As I rarely get home until 10:30 from that class an early departure on Wednesday  is not assured. So I would arrive late  Wednesday, stay Thursday and depending on weather it would mean leaving Friday or early Saturday at the latest. 

 Added to the fact of the trip itself is the welfare of my fur babies. I have a great pet sitting service but the price is now  $20 a day per dog plus tax  so boarding fees would be nearly 200  for three days. This is a bit much for my lesser income since I retired from full time teaching. I am searching for another alternative to make trips less expensive but I am really not wanting to change service. So there is a decision maker as well as a decision to make.

 I must admit the distance between me and my daughters is tough. I have not seen my youngest and her family for several years. Indiana is a far piece but even more important is not wanting to intrude on their busy life. I hope to see them someday when I can fit it into their schedule as well as my own. I dislike this state of affairs but life is that way.

 My oldest daughter has a large family of grandchildren and in-laws.  I  am not good with large groups and never have been. Even large masses of kin can overwhelm me and I seem to have a small panic attack after a time. for this reason , I stay at a local motel so I can restore my calm.  My daughter understands that and this makes me happy. Still what used to cost 75 dollars is now 100 for three nights. Another hit to the budget.

Life makes us make decisions that do not please us and some that make us happy. But decisions are a vital part of all our lives. We can not escape them and can only hope those who love us understand why they are made just as we must live with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment