Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fur Babies in the House

Saturday and despite the call of the dogs, I slept in until nearly 8 AM.  Of course, I have to be truthful and say I walked my fur babies around 5:30 so that helped. Also for some reason,Winston had to have  a quick potty run every hour to hour and a half all night. So  the extra time probably only made up for the minutes lost during his many trips. Of such is life.

 
 Winston  makes my life interesting. Here he is watching television. He had heard a dog on the show and he stood like this until the dog sequence was over. Recently he has learned to climb the steps to my bed but once there he will not lay down to sleep. He is in constant movement top to bottom, bottom to top and side to side. This means he has to go back down so I can sleep. There is the problem. He can get up but has yet to master going down. so I have to lift 45 lbs of bulldog down to the floor  or he just flops and rolls down the steps. Now I climb into bed and push the steps away from the edge as if they are not near the bed, he will not climb them. Life is a hoot.


 This is Zoe, the only lady ( well  semi-lady) of the group.  A mix of Corgi and wiener dog she is a the moody princess. She challenges every noise outside with her loud  deep bark and loves to run at full speed. She can only go out on a lead as she is genetically programmed to be a digger . Before I decided leash only, she would dig, escape my yard under the fence, run around the house next door , up to my porch and bark to be let in. In the house, she begs for food, and sleeps in my Dad's chair which needs to be recovered lending it the grace of being useful. If exposing her belly to the world indicates contentment in a dog, she is indeed content as she sleeps on her back even in her kennel. Life is interesting.


  Boba  Fet is the old man of the group as he is eight years old. His long flowing coat  and flaring ears often have him labeled as a Papillion but  he is a long haired Chihuahua. HIs large dark eyes are heart breaking in the sweetness they project. Yet he has a shrill yip when annoyed by the youngsters in the house.  He is usually lying atop of anything that is soft and lately he is often asleep as are many older dogs.  He is my comfort dog with a sweet personality but no desire to be held for long periods. Life is truly love.

  There they are. My fur babies who keep me focused in life as I have to care fro them. I can not hide under covers and read. They fill my life with chores and love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment