Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Year is now two days old and Work reenters my life. Guess I am odd but it makes getting up worthwhile. Tomorrow the kids return and hearing about their holidays will be great. I spent the last of the holiday in Belize with a group of teachers( most past 30) and was surprised not one felt unhappy with the students they see everyday. Of course, war stories could have been told but there seemed a magic ban on discussing those tales. The focus was on the joy our work gives or gave us.

Getting back to routine is not a bad thing either, I believe most of us find comfort in the daily rut . Knowing what is coming gives a sense of security and allows us to get on with the business of life. Change shakes us up, adds some spice ( though for some change is more of an earthquake) but eventually that change becomes routine. This seems to be the pattern of life. The Great Planner knows our need for security.

Speaking of routine i am anxious to get to Yarn and to have needles in my hands. Belize events lept me too busy to think about it uch but now I am ready for it. Change is even coming there as the store is changing locatioN. In fACT IT MAY HAVE HAPPENED ALREADY! Notice the caps as I am not sure if it has moved to its new location. Believe me I will know by the end of the day and I will adapt to the new site.

Saturday begins a new learning for me. Well, not really new a second attempt is a better description as I once again take a sock class. Andrea are you ready? I am determined to learn how to do this. Learning requires committment whether it is a language or a sock and believe me I am committed to this task. This skill when I have it will be in honor of Heather though not her favored magic loop method.

Time to end this ramble. Happy New Year with all it brings in terms of rut and change. They prove you are alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment