Monday, December 26, 2011

Ok it is the day after Christmas and in this electronic age I have seen pictures of my family and had a couple of texts but have not actually heard their voices. Sometimes I wonder if technology is such a good thing.
Packing for Belize is today's goal and I actually wonder if it is worth it. but I recall the richness of an even quicker over Thanksgiving Vienna sprint and am quickly in the mood again. Rides are arranged to and from the airport. Have to be there at 6 tomorrow in the am and return the first at 11:12 ( probably 11:30), dog sitting also scheduled( but i should call and see if I can get them into apple lane today get for shots and tags),money secured for the trip etc so I am prepared except for packing,which you can guess I am avoiding. Might run to CJBanks this am as they are having a sale.Maybe Something new may put me in the mood.
However unless a change rushes in the weather both end of the trip looks like good roads. At this time of year that is a really good thing. For Kansas one might even say it is a great thing! I HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN BLIZZARD PRONE STATES and to be truthful the change of seasons is something I find necessary. Seasonal shifts of only a few degrees would bore me silly.
Working on blanket project and decided to knit across by rows. so nine squares and then the next nine.
The colors are looking good. Shanon really guided me well. The squares are easy almost no think knitting but oh will I be a mattress stitch expert when it is all sewn together. Maybe I will knit it , store it and let the girls get it done when I have gone on. NOT!
Knitting and reading are my relaxation modes of operation. Am reading a Death at Pemberly now by P.D.James. Set six years after Darcy and Elizabeth wed it is a good read and mimics Austen's style of prose almost too well.Next up is Micheal Connelly's newest and hopefully not long after that the new Stabenow Shugak tome.Taking the Kindle fire on the trip and reading the freebies from Amazon I have loaded. Most of which are quite readable. Life From Scratch is an example of that genre.
Yesterday was an on demand day as I viewed Midnight is Paris, clever woody allen at his best and Sarah's key which could have been maudlin but wasn't. In fact I enjoyed it more than the book,
Well more when I get back because of course I WILL go. I DO NOT FEAR THE TERRORISTS that several pals have warned me about or plane crashes( much more likely than the other) as always God is in charge. His will is mine and he knows my future well.






No comments:

Post a Comment