Monday, January 16, 2012


Spent the day in and out of the car running errands and nothing tires me more. I like to get in do everything then come home, but that did not happen today. Lab at 7:30 as I thought it had to be fasting and it didn't. Home and at 9 went to put some packages to the girls in the delivery process. UPS store I love you as they were and odd size. Hope the girls like them as they are the last part of the family christmas gifts. The ups store is impossible before the holiday. Off to Dr. at 2 pm.

Surprise at the doctor's no weight gain in a year so now I will attack it again. I would like to lose 50 but will be happy with 25-30 to hold and then go down again. Blood pressure was good and a1c could go lower but did not spike even with all the food and drink in Belize, I walked out on happy feet. I need to get some pain pills for leg but Doc said she found nothing bad. Full physical in May,

Challenges keep us young. This weekend has held a challenge. Turning the heel on a sock really was one. Started it and realized it was wrong; frogged it. Looked up a video to see how to do a ssp purl, this helped and I got it done only to lose all the stitches off the needle. So there I am doing it a third time. Done and they do say practice makes perfect. Wanted to start another sock for more practice, but needed needles. None to be had at Wal-Mart so have to wait until tomorrow.

Coffee with Amber was a bright spot in the day.Funny she was talking about how glad she was break was over. She spoke of her need for the routine and how she gets more done when on a schedule than on a no pressure time. Yep she has the teacher gene. Her eyes were lit with anticipation just talking about the return to school and I a kindred spirit feel that way every fall.

Tomorrow the long weekend is over for BHS , classes start at HCC so night classes are on again. Sp1 meets tomorrow and after class we are headed to Watermark books to hear Deborah Harkness of THE DISCOVERY OF WITCHES speak. my editon is a kindle; so she can not sign it but maybe I can get a picture. Hope so.





No comments:

Post a Comment