Friday, January 20, 2012

FRIDAY and yes this week it needs capitals. Good and bad things happened. Good the Deborah Harkness book event at Watermark books.( must go there again), my first night of college classes had few absences and lots of smiles, turning the heel of my class sock( 3 tries maybe that is bad) and a play to look forward to tomorrow night. The bad almost being run over by semi by Playa Azul and being manipulated into in taking on another college class. Fortunately there was no ugly. Some weeks are just like that.

Time to ponder my navel and the meaning of life has been sorely lacking this week. I am one of those that needs down me alone time. I have been known to go in my door on Friday and not come out until Monday. Often I do no more than read, plan classes, grade papers,knit or just plain sit. Not really productive but relaxing and renewing of my spirit. This week however I plan on beginning tai chi.

Everyone needs to renew themselves to face the stresses in their life. Some do it with activities,( reading and knitting), some with physical activity( tai chi?),and some meditate( prayer). So from my () events, I guess I am balanced. Balance is good. The Greeks believed the middle path or that the extremes of too much or too little of anything were wrong. Seems sensible to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment