Thursday, January 5, 2012

So Holly is taking a scarf class at Yarn and I am going to go knit while she learns. Not much school work yet as this is the first four days back ergo no guilt. Actually I seem to get a lot done there if it is a tougher project perhaps because I know help is near. It works that way for students also. They seem to find a teacher who for them is a figure of secuirty or shared learning styles or similar likes and dislikes and they learn better in those classes.
My novel needs that a place or mentor that gives me a comfort zone in which to proceed.I get bursts of energy and write like mad and then it slows and so do I. Still progress is being made and I will share it here one day and hope for comments. You my readers may become my reason to write.
Dogs need grooming but have to get shots first. So Saturday at ten it is off to the vet and hopefully a trip to the groomers right after that. Either way I have a sock class to attend that day. Second time through the clas; I am a special needs sock learner but Andrea is a patient and kind teacher. Major accomplishment today, I got one started by myself of course a yarn shop angel was at the table with me.Thanks Shannon!! The learning together atosphere in that shop is unbeatable.
Prairie Winds Planning is in full gear. Trying to get writers and artist to say yes as the kids are pressing for flyers so they can sign up. Band kids leaveSaturday of camp but some think they may come and leave Friday pm so they can do both, Students crave such experiences ,but Kansas' cut of arts council is making it difficult to fund learning experiences. But the funding is there for this year at least.
Need to go knit with Holly. Morelater or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment