Sunday, November 27, 2011

finishing yesterday

Ok I know I said I would be back but it didn't happen. Not sorry about the lapse as I spent it ingood company doing something creative. Four women, old seaters, batting,foam wreaths and geegaws. The results are on my FB page and my door.So with outside lights up I am done decorating for the season. For may the tree is the season but for me it is in thelittle things, cards, hellos, coffee time ---these are the things that make the season bloom.

One more sleeve to put a 2 row band on and I will wear my sweater vest tomorrow. Black and orange cap is nearly done, and so next on the list is the sleeve to the bohaus so I can join it and move on to its fair isle pattern.That will be a challenge but I hope to have it done by 2012 or very early in the new year. The cap has some self designed fair isle so I could play with the pattern and the method. Enjoyed but the bohaus will still get to me as it has three colors of yarn. I also plan to cast on the gansey so I can knit the " fancy damn sweater" as heather often called it. I will remember her with every stitch on the piece.

Writing happened this vacation too and Herb Lore is beginning to take shape. Oddly eough I am having a change of heart about Odd bit of fluff( working title) may bring the man out of time to our century rather than sending her back into the past. Plan on doing something withthat today and tomorrow. College classes wind up by the 8th of December so I will have time to work on these pieces.

So tomorrow it is back to the real world and work I love even with its frustrations. Back to time schedules, lesson plans, grading and the hope that some of the students will value the class. The routine gives my life structure; the hope gives me a purpose in life. Teachers not all of the classroom type touched my life and maybe just maybe I have and can do that for the year or two left to me on the high school level.

No comments:

Post a Comment