Saturday, November 12, 2011

radom thought ona saturday morn

Saturday and yes I am up--- the chihuahuas do not read days of the week. Did take them out at 5 and then went back to bed until they had a seven am potty howl. At times like these I envy cat owners until I remember the litter box. Life is full of such ironies. Still the day is started and load one is just finishing in the washer. Buhler lost its bid for state last night.Hutch News wrote an overview of the season that makes it seem inevitable because of the teams we played during the regular season which,even I who does not care for football much, feels a bit like gloating as the Salthawks won. Next year BHS faces a new line up of teams. So that may a true test of our grit and get us some better press. That being said I wonder about a state or perhaps a country that cuts funding to those in need and the arts but sees nothing wrong with billions in salaries, stadioums etc for sports.Is it a parallell to the gladiators of ancient Rome? Atany rate it is a blessing to live in a country where such extremes can be discussed openly without fear. Some will not listen and close there ears to opposing views but I have learned by listening even though hearing it has rankled my own beliefs at the time. Admittedly this tolerance was something I had to work for in my life, as I tend to be a bit determined( bull headed?) Well the mundane chores of a weekend are calling me from the computer. Maybe I will return to this blog but Herb Lore awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment