Saturday, November 19, 2011

saturday before t day

Two day week next week and I seem to be in vacation mode already. This not a good thing for classroom productivity, but from another view starting new material before a 5 day break in a subject is not productive either. My classes are all at that point---especially French 1 and 2. So I will spend this weekend pulling up review exercises for material covered. Do not plan to have homework over the vacation either as it is either not done or not done well. My vacation plans are simple.Stay in Hutch no long drives which saves gas,money and nerves. I will knit, read, hibernate and readjust my moods and body. Some people are aghast when I say this but my family is too far away or too busy with in- laws. Actually the time alone after teaching 5 days a week and three nights is welcome. No dealing with whiners or silly questions.It is not a selfish thing in my mind,but as an only child of older parents noise and fuss and such were never much of a factor in my life. I love my work and love my family even more but battery recharge time is necessary. Now this not mean pals can not drop in , call or have coffee dates. It is just that being alone does not mean I feel abandoned or lonely and I even at times welcome the quiet of myself and the pups. Speaking of soul( battery) recharge I often wonder about the people who are in a social whirl that leaves them little time to just sit. Just sit and reflect--- no video games, no television, no distractions form the outside as they read a book or become quietly aware of their surroundings. These times allow one to know oneself, to assess one's progress in life, to readjust or just to be. I need these moments. I wonder if others do to. When I re-oin life, I am ready to so whole heartly. Laundry today and perhaps a stop at Yarn to purl some stitiches on an unfinished project(hereafter known as an UFO) and coffe with a pal if the occasion comes up.Yet of none of these happen, I am content. Like St.Paul who learned to live in any circumstances content because of his faith in Christ, I am stiving to be content with life as it is not as I hope it is or will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment