Thursday, December 1, 2011








Thursday, December 1, 2011 two nights
Funny how classes can make or break a day. I woke up after a fairly sleepless night loaded with grouchy bear syndrome. My French classes at BHS drowned the bear WITH THIER LET'S DO THIS ATTITUDE AND LAUGHTER AS THEY LEARNED. My Wednesday night class for Hutch CC at Newton has been a trial due to one student's constant me me griping. But a pal said do not respond in kind as you are bigger than that. It has been a stuggle but I have done that and I am congratulating myself on a job well done, It was also consolation to find other teachers have met the same student with the same results. Tonight my creative class had their last work night and I hate to see it go. Held on three campuses via ITV it has been a delight every night I have met with it. It has been a bright spot every week. Not only are they writers they are personable, interesting people and willing workers.

Other professions have touched my life---reporter, Pizza place night manager, avon lady but teaching is where I truly beleive God wants me. I feel fulfilled when I teach and I firmly beleive the subject mmatter is important but that you teach so much more. In all my years only 2 or 3 students stand out as I wish I never had met. Funny 2 of them have been this semester---one on each level. Sometimes I wonder if I have made a difference because I can be so blunt,. Then I get text from a student saying going to Europe with me as a junior has led her to travel all her life and opened her eyes to the fact that not all people live like those in her hometown and that they are truly nice any way, another hears that Prairie winds needs funds and sends a donation. I expect 25 at most and he sends 150. Another messages on Fb that she needs an address so she can send a donation. Wow those are proof that some way some how I touched those lives. What a good feeling.

So God help to continue to be teacher that students can learn form and turn to in my last years in a profession that I love. Thank you for my desire to teach and my love of the people in the classroom. Thank you for the colleagues that bless my life with knowledge and frienships. I have had some down eras in my life but this gift of and love of my profession has give me much to be thankful for and has sustained me. It also is good at doing away with grouchy bear syndrome.




No comments:

Post a Comment