Sunday, November 20, 2011

a quickie


The 25 till christmas films are on.Pretty sappy but a wonderful tradition and good family viewing. One of my students was counting down until they came on. It is nice that some one can get excited about family entertainment.,

Just got reminded that my only aunt from either side who is still alive will be 97 in February. However she no longer is the sharp knife in the drawer and hardly knows her own child. While a long life is a gift, when you cease being a true part of it I wonder. Still it is not ours to choose. Mom lived until she was eighty and passed away the Tuesday before Thanksgiving in 1992. She was pretty alert and fiesty until the end though I had begun to detect some changes. At any rate the anniversary is near and each year I recall how much love she gave me and hope she knows that I returned that love.

Time flies by with jet speed now. As a child it took forever for the holiday season to come. Now it seems I turn around and find I am thinking of gifts and travel and all the rest of the folderal that goes with the season. The enjoyment of the season has changed since my girls are grown and the grands are all 12 or older. Less baking etc as I live in the middle of the tribe and not close to any, and that is good since I have to say no to most of it anyway.It has become a time to relax reflect, and to recharge physically and spiritually.







No comments:

Post a Comment