Monday, April 28, 2014

last and storms

Last day of regular classes and hopefully an uneventful one after Friday's excitement which was handled so well by the staff and the students who came. Big back pats to you all.

Tomorrow is block schedule and all my classes meet on that day, So that is my last day with students and I can begin ordering my room for the summer. Teachers are here until the ninth of May, but not here in our building.We have to remove our selves to other buildings due to construction. Therefore I will get done what has to be done or rather can be done and go on.

Going on is so much of what life is. One gets busy, gets done what one can, and moves on. With adulthood comes the acceptance that sometimes one can not be the super person who wins out against all odds. Sometimes the odds defeat us and what then?

What then indeed? If one is without faith how does one survive? I know personally when the odds get high or the road block to my goal is too big to win over, i just leave it to him.Worry is a human thing and I worry but only about the things I can handle. If it is too big for me to wrestle to the ground and win, then I give it to Him. I may not like his answer but when all is said and done He is right.

Nature makes my faith grow. Each spring the new green reminds me that life goes on and will even when I can no longer be part of it. My marriage to the farmer taught me that. No farmer can truly be an atheist because they are partners with nature in all her blessings and her bad moods. I did not realize this fully until my marriage and even when the marriage ended, I remain grateful for this lesson.

Last night nature took at least 18 lives in two states south of us during a stormy rampage of twisters. Living in tornado alley , such storms are too frequent for comfort but they do not all come down and destroy. Perhaps because of this I do not fear them as I should.I can not control them but I can live with them.

Life can be full of twisters--love , marriage, birth. death.these are the major twisters of our lives and we all face them.Controlling them is another matter-- especially death.We just live with them, gather ourselves together and get on with it. It is not easy and without faith to bolster our strength how difficult it must be to do this task of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment