Tuesday, April 8, 2014

frustrations will you listen

First frustration banks and regulation. I have a rather large amount in savings. A 7;30 AM, I called to transfer less than a 1000 to another account. It is 3:34 and the money is not there. Why Regulations they had to have a bank officer approve it and the officers were in a pre audit meeting. Then I am told if it does not reach the other end by 2 they do not want to deal with it. Realize it is a wireless transfer and there is a 10% charge on each end. Western Union wiring of money takes minutes and charges less. Usually go this way but bank was a choice due to need to have it there before 1 and until one.

Second frustration with myself. I lost it with a student day and returned her raised voice angry tone in kind. Always feel that I have failed when that happens. OMG I hate it.
But after saying 3x we were not going to power point this assignment and I wanted it in a non-digital notebook form I lost it and felt miserable the rest of the day even though the rest of the class walked out wondering what happened? One even said they never had seen me mad and they had tried to get me there. Shake my head and begin again tomorrow and try for another record three years without such a failure.

Third frustration an immature student who thinks smiling and plain on sympathy will excuse not doing working. I forgot, I left it at home, etc are constants of his vocabulary of poor reasons. Given time in class it is my task to constantly tell him to work and not start inane non-target conversations, and he leaves jackets, lunch bags and other matter in the room. Not sure how he copes at home but he hopes to get a job this summer. Maybe that will help him mature. I hope so because despite his actions I like him.

Can you tell the school year is ending and nerves are fraying on both sides of the desk. The early april 30th last day has intensified it ,but it is also one reason we will all survive.

Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment