Wednesday, April 9, 2014

GETTING READY

Ok you, reader, know that Monday was a frustration high day. Tuesday was a bit better and finally decided to run the hybrid class my way. I will hit the topics listed and have the students do it but they are having submission trouble and some links are not there. so tonight we will clear the air and get it more student friendly. I thought all the glitches were gone but there are still some. Rolling with it is the only way to go one, and students do not need feel defeated when they are trying.

Yet honestly there are pluses. first, I am in the south side of the high school so I do not have to pack up my entire room for the construction that is going on this summer. Second is the fact that my students are reading French stories and doing it better and with more ease than I expected them to do. But the big one will be this weekend.

I am going to Austin to the Story circle Network's memories form the heart conference. Linda Hasselstrom will the key note speaker and hopefully we will fins a moment or two to renew a friendship begun in South Dakota. her readings of my early scribbles convinced me I could write. She was not easy on me; honest as dirt she made me see how I could improve. Also I volunteered to work somewhere for two hours and I got the book table on Saturday am. Susan Witting Albert is chairman of this and maybe i will be luck enough to work when she is there. I do so dote on her China Bayles books but have read her others including the 12 Robin Paige mysteries.It would be great to get to work with her. Then members of my internet writing circle will be there and hopefully we will meet for the first time so I will know who they are when I read their posts. So many expectations but if half come true the weekend will be a success.

Laundry is getting done but I have no ideas what to pack. Tomorrow I will have to decide and pack them. which books to take or do I take the kindle? Camera or not? the iphone ought to do right? Decisions and I have to take dogs to West Fifth which is a dog spa for the trip. Lots to get down before I fly out.

Another plus of live good books. Three weeks with lady X by Eloisa James is a real hit with me. easy reading, entertaining , it is a joy to read. Also Stuart MacBride and Elly Griffiths books are on my list. McBride can treat grim topics but his McRare, Steele and Insch triangle of egos is a delight, and Elly Griffiths is just plain good. Try them. I am waiting for new tomes from Butcher, Stabenow and Craig Johnson. Before I quit the book thing, Nora Robert's new Irish series is another treat. I really feel she at her prime in her trilogies and those set in Ireland are among her best.

Enough. Have to get ready to go teach a class for HCC but need gas and cash first. So bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment