Wednesday, December 7, 2011

There is something about the moose that calls to me. Lumbering and not exactly handsome they make me speculate. They sally forth into their world confident they will survive though they are assembled from what looks like the spare parts out of God's creation box. Standing in water up to their dewlap or striding through the pines they make their presence known. Yes they are big and capable of harming anything smaller but they do not present an angry exterior. Instead they reek of acceptance of their lot and content with what comes to them.

I am much like a moose. I am assembled from spare parts ( the brain being the best one in my opinion) and there are times I definitely lumber through the day. Confident in my mien, not always I must admit. Content in my situations ---Hmmm! again I must admit to being at times ill content. I am human you know not a moose.

But there are lessons to be learned from the moose God's after thought he may be. He looks in the water and sees his reflection and is content with what he sees. How many of us can do that. We are too heavy, too thin, too dark, too pale etc. When we go out to earn our way in the world we fight against the complexities of life. We look for excuses or place blame. Some even deny God and wade through the mire unassisted and alone. Now Moose do not know God or at least not as we do but they just get on getting on.
Sometimes we need to do that thing---shrug our shoulders, pull ourselves together and do what has to be done. Most of the time this is an effort with a capital"E"; life is not fair. Yet jumping the hoops, smiling with the wins and the losses. helping others can make life and an adventure and also fulfilling.

So the moose is my favorite animal and I hope I have learned from him and by adding creator to my life. I can like the moose lumber my spare parts forward to a meaningful life.

1 comment:

  1. sorry did not catch all the errors in this one. forgive me.

    ReplyDelete