Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sunday but wait it is Saturday and Murder is on my mind.

So far today I am having a Sunday even though it is a Saturday. the day has a tempo of a Sunday uncrushed, focused on no particular task. The dogs are in sleeping mode. I got up dressed and went to Brewed Awakening for coffee and even though they are not open on Sunday , it is mentally a Sunday. This has happened to us all at one time or another. Our internal clock goes awry for a bit.

Perhaps this is because I have been researching poisons so I can kill someone. It must be quick and practically untraceable via an autopsy without significant and sophisticated testing. I was thinking of castor beans in chili. Castor beans are source of rincin which is deadly. It causes organ collapse.. but I wonder if a good coroner would be able to see signs of the collapse in what appears to be a healthy body. It can be as quick as 36 hours or take longer depending on how it is administered to the victim. so more research is needed.After all the victim is dead,. the means must be found.

Put your mind at ease.The murder is fictional and I am writing it. Writing is part of my life and this tale 's opening came to me in a dream almost fully written. It is an opening I like and the characters are forming well but the method of the kill has to fit. The body bears no visible wound, has no signs of heart attack etc so these are limits on the choice of poison. I will find, but the search is blocking other activity.

Miss Marple plays in the background for white noise as I write. It has often been a Sunday treat on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery so it adds to the displacement of my days. Agatha christie often used poison as a weapon and she made a study of them during volunteer service in WW I. At the moment I am wishing I could channel her knowledge to make my life easier. Oh well it is learning process and even at my age one can learn.

At any rate I must the search will go on but I will try to recall this is Saturday not Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment