Sunday, August 2, 2015

New August

August already and it is a new August for me. I am not doing the preschool tasks that a classroom teacher does. I no longer have a classroom. It is a change, and I am adjusting. No more wondering how roads are on winter days as I can now choose not to go out. No more professional envelopment meetings. No more odd schedules to adjust my classroom plans so the lesson can still be taught. There are many "no mores", and I am adjusting.

Of course, it means less income but I should have enough to survive. I have also put in for subbing at several schools and pals who sub tell me I will be as busy as I want to be. I hope so. Also will have some college classes, but they have to make so they are always iffy. But I have adjusted my insurances etc. This,too, will be an adjustment but happily it should lower income taxes. ( though house taxes will be going up but less said about that the better to avoid apolitical rant.)

On the other hand I have more time to do what I want to when I want to do it. I can read all day, go to the library for research, knit, take part in Hutch Rec events. Time to fill is a real treat. I may have to schedule cleaning etc as I tend to wallow in the fun things of life. Give me a book or a project and dusting and sweeping recede in importance.

So the next few weeks require me to meet principals in the Nickerson district, get trained in Learning Zone then new web learning format for the college,attending Gale Walls Studio opening, go to Women for Kansas and work an event at Strataca. Also will apply for part time work as I detest not being busy.

So the august of many changes has come. It will interesting to see how the changes affect me. Keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment