Wednesday, July 30, 2014

hallie home maker has taken over

While eating lunch I got asked why I was playing earth mother. they referring to yesterday's jam making. Maybe it was the cool weather or maybe it was the cook book LITTLE JARS; BIG FLAVORS. Never mind , it was still cool today. The result was pickled carrots, strawberry basil jam and black plum( well, I was short on plums so I threw in blueberries) jam made with cardamon. The house is redolent with the herby smell. Oh by the way I set a recipe of dana's no knead bread to rise in the am and it is made with white flour the recipe calls for. so my inner homemaker ( let's call her Hallie) has overtaken my life. Have a peach bourbon jam I want to try and a plum port one also. May be a day or so before i can get Hallie to recede and let Mary the storyteller out again. Hope the weather holds.

Becca's wedding dress arrived. It looks beautiful. Thinking the internet is the way to go on these things. Cheaper by far than David's and so dang pretty and she says it fits well. I am glad for her. October 11th will come soon.

Dana is officially on vacation and is coming down here for part of it. Will have to spend tomorrow cleaning. Mybe i better keep Hallie around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment