Monday, July 14, 2014

Nearly a week and I have not written a word here. It has been an interesting week--- housework done, memoir class done,just a bunch of things. So here I am again. I have decided to try to organize myself for the rest of the summer and that is not easy. I tend to do better when I have "must dos" not just "should dos". Lately I have been trying to support a pal whose life has been a constant rush of musts as she changes her business location. Her head has been spinning and sleep has been lacking as she keeps her present location open and renovates the second one. The end is near and while I can not lift the heavy boxes etc, I will do what I can.Anyone who dares to go for a dream deserves support.

Another pal's husband was gone for 10 days (home now!) Her schedule is busy busy busy with two active kids, and when he is gone ,I am sure she is busier. Yet, there is time for me-- Facebook messaging, potato delivery and deck repair.We teach in the same system and many rooms separate us so how we became close is a wonder. But the wonder is how much her smile and caring has come to mean to me. I hope she feels the same way.

Facebook messaging does funny things. I have two students studying for the priesthood--one in Argentina; one in the USA. But it is odd that one fb pal is a priest who used to my parish priest. When he was here, I enjoyed his homilies which were down to earth and easy to take a lesson from to our daily life. Now I often just message a hello, a question, and an observation and I do not know if he finds me a pest but I take comfort in his answers. He may never know that but his willingness to talk blesses my life.

Relationships enrich our lives. They make us feel comfortable and anchored in our lives. It can be painful when one ends no matter whose fault it is. Recently this has happened to me as I discovered new aspects of a person with whom I was comfortable for several years. Over the past year the personality once so sunny and open has become closed moody and hard to be with. Several pals have noticed this and commented on it. We can not reach the person to help her and the one who should help is part of the problem. The lost hurts but to keep trying is not good for me. I will be there if and when she needs me but can not be there now. Have you been there?

Coffee is done and time to get chores done. more later friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment