Sunday, August 10, 2014

thoughts/

Well like the Terminator, I am back. It is Sunday, and frankly,I have been having a lazy day. Dana and KK were here, and we ran,ran, and ran some more. ( notice the Oxford comma LoL )Actually we were scouting out a project which may have to wait.Still we squeezed in some serious sight seeing, shopping scoping out project ideas, and morning coffee at Brewed Awakening. As a finale we went to Guardians of the Galaxy at 10:17 Thursday night because Zoe had a photo session with Gale Wall for her forever homes project. Busy week therefore I decided to do nothing major this weekend. Monday is the start of preschool cleaning and preparations. Teachers begin the 22nd and students ( all grades) come into the schools on the 3rd of September which is my birthday. A good present as the students keep me young and connected to the world outside of books and my own writing.

So many of my years have been behind a desk. It is never easy to do the job well but it is one of the most rewarding of careers. The instant a student understands a concept being presented is so fulfilling. He/she has it, and you have done your job. The reward is instant. The students come and go, but there are always the ones who touch your life and surprises when you find out how you touched one life and did not know it. These are the real rewards of the teacher's life. Money and riches may be nice( as a teacher this may never be a concept I will know),but being a part of someone's life, being recalled as a positive thing can never be bad.

The writer is slowly replacing the teacher in me. I enjoy it and others who read my work seem to like it. That is another blessing. Hopefully I will be able to do a good job on the projects under way. Will Put some of it on here. But now it is time for coffee. have a good day




No comments:

Post a Comment