Tuesday, February 25, 2014

ptl day.

What a day. First I managed to lock myself out of my home.Problem easily solved as a pal has a key. She left it in a hidden spot on her way to work. So I got in . Life is blessed when there are fiends like her.Thanks Amber. Next my brand new Mac will not load so it is off to repair in Wichita via another friend. Andrea, much thanks as I hate hunting addresses in Wichita traffic and its one ways. After a quick sandwich stop I headed to Newton to teach comp 102. Stopped at a stop sign on fourth street- my car was rear ended bya texting pick up driver. No dents and so soft my neck did not pop, but driving on down fourth to hit Buhler- Haven road. I noticed it was pulling over to the right ==way over to the right.Go or return to get it checked out? Return was my choice. Called Newton not to plan on me and back to Hutch I went. Upshot of inspection,bumper will need paint but no heavy damage.Wheels need alignment so have a shop appointment tomorrow. Now I wonder what the third near tragedy will be.

Days like to day try my faith but in the end it prevails. I was able to get a key, the mac is under warranty, and the car will be fixed tomorrow. Praise the Lord can sound so oversimple but it is in this case a real heartfelt emotion.Friendship and faith made my day end up on a positive note. Speaking of positive notes, Patty N. made a crusty round loaf of bread. Had a bite and it is near heaven--- so much like the breads of Europe. What a gift. Thank you Patty.

Another blessing happened in fourth hour French class to day. They had food presentations, so we had coq au vin, palmieres de basil and chocolate cake ( which was more Betty Crocker than French but still good.) the food was good, the (Presentations thorough and fulfilling my requests. Bread group was really good ;even had a Julia child style video by Eric Phram. when the students do well I am so full of pride.

Might have more to write about when my nerves calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment