Monday, February 10, 2014

at home

Considering the new snow I should be glad I am home,but that is far from the reality. I want to be in my classroom doing my thing. Yes I sent in lesson plans and some progress should be made, and thanks to remind101 my classes knew at 7AM that I would be gone and what was going to happen in class. That knocks the pins from the excuse that "she" being me didn't tell us that. sub and office knows that I sent the message. But I'd rather be there myself.

Now , do not class me as a control freak, I do not see that in myself. But I want my classroom to have me in it as I feel I know the students and their quirks so I can help them more easily. However I must admit today's sub is one of the best around. Buhler does have the best subs of any system I have taught in.

Snow right now is not my love as the roads are so bad. The main streets and highways are good but side streets are a mess. Following my traveling salesman father's advice I pick a comfortable speed and maintain it,slowing only when necessary. Slow and steady makes the trip in one piece somewhat like Aesop's hare. So if you are in a hurry and behind me,follow or pass. It is your life.

Ok that is enough for now. I may be back later today but at least I have blogged something while fighting bleary eyes, runny nose and all things cold related.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well, Mary. And I totally understand how you feel. No one can teach our "babies" like we do, can they? Take care.

    ReplyDelete