Monday, June 16, 2014

random thought day

Sitting here waiting for the UPS man. Evidently he has tried three times to deliver a package to me that requires a signature or so their email says. No note on door, and I have written them saying when I will be gone but that is when they schedule delivery. So hoping they come before I have to take Winston to vet for his annual shoots or after I get back. Sorry but UPS does not my schedule dictate.

Also email has been acting up. I try sending things to students and pals with a very quick refused reply and then try again in a few minutes and it goes. copy and pasted the address so it makes no sense. Sometimes the cyber world is just weird. Oh well, it finally gets there.

Another odd thing but predictable are excuses. Dogs do not eat homework anymore but computers malfunction continually and of course since I teach night classes for the college,"I have to work or no sitter" pops up many times. I can handle it if the work gets done but so often it doesn't. Also and this is a new phenomena there are student bargainers who say I see this is a low point assignment and I do not like it, can I do something else. This happens most often in hybrid courses where much of the work is on line. No it is the assignment and do it. 10 points is ten points and that is often the difference between an "a"or a "b". Honestly , most of my students are great. they work hard, do their best and do not do any of the above and this is because so many of them are full-time in the work world or vets. they knowhow much it takes to get ahead and they are paying for it.

Winston has his annual check up to day and it is going to be hot. Hoping it will be a quick trip as it is to be in the 90's. Heat is not good for the dogs or for me. I am one of those people who like it cold. 30-75 is my prime temperature range. The icy roads which can happen in that spread are not fun, but I still like it old. I can always put on more clothes but as a female there are only so many I can take off. A brief aside on that last statement, there are some men who should never take their shirt off either. Just an observation, folks.

My guilty pleasure this summer is Wendy Williams. Can not explain it but love her chutzpa. Today she had Hney boo-boo on and I must say for once I saw her as a human---oops a real little girl not an affected brat. Still won't watch her show anyway. Another pleasure and definitely not a guilty one is Longmire and it is on tonight.

Enough for today.Have a good one.











No comments:

Post a Comment