Friday, June 13, 2014

morning--attitude is all

Early morning and the quiet is so great. The sun is blossoming behind me as I type. It is June in quiet but the weather is not blistering. That last word "blistering" is key here as it is more spring like than a summer day in Kansas. This close to July the AM is usually in the 8o's not the 60's today. Since 80 is the maximum at which I function well, the cooler starts of the past few weeks have been enjoyable.

Lately, I have focused my thoughts on my blessings. They are normal and small-- I have a home. decent health, food - friends and an alert mind( this is a big one at my age). Some people keep a gratitude journal; I use the happy app on my phone.(Yes. I know apps.) My goal three posts a day about the things that have blessed my spirit.The act of putting them on the app makes me focus my thoughts on the positive and as they are stored there ,I can revisit them to perk myself up if something starts to bring me down. Some modern technology is great.

Also focusing on my positives allows me time to send a word up for people I love. I try to make those thoughts positive too and to support them when they need they need someone in their corner. Focusing away from the me has opened my mind once again to the truth that I am not the center of the universe.

Along with this I am trying to thank those who help me whether it is a paid service or a favor. If someone is polite and does their best, the deserve the word thank you and the please too. It is a little thing, but when someone says thank you to me I feel better so I am trying to pay it forward.

Not that I am a saint. Injustice makes me mad ,and I often speak up about it. I do not deal well with rudeness and to be honest when people are consistently rude, I often avoid being around them and am icily polite when in their presence. Overdramatic drama queening and baby talking adults get to me. Not doing things that should be done without thinking and making others pick up my slack is an irritant to me. The list is a bit longer but enough said. As I said positive attitude and acts are my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment