Thursday, June 5, 2014

changes

It is suppertime and all three dogs are clustered at my feet begging. I never eat alone at home, but just as they beg , I rarely share. Trying to keep them on the right track as I reform my own habits. One new habit is I am walking a bit every day and hope to get a bit more mileage each day.When it is hot or muggy I have to do it early as the heat gets to me. Another new habit is drinking less coffee and so the body is adjusting. when home one french press pot if I go to Brewed awakening I add a large bold. Still less than I had everyday when I was using a Mr. Coffee or a Keruig. I am also drinking it slower and tasting it more.

This blog is a new habit, and I actually miss it the days i do not write even the post is just a hi you all. It causes me to focus my thoughts into a solid from. It may not be earth shattering but it is me as I am on the day I write it. No apologies, it is me.

Writing is becoming central to my day. Trying to get family stories down so I can improve them. This is the splash it down so I can revise it later period. Some days nothing happens; other it just flows. I find fiction goes more quickly. Any way this year has been great as I have been published in everyone of the last five Story Circle Network Journals. It is for my ego and so encouraging to know others like my stuff.

Another new thing but not a habit is returning to actively working to elect a man I believe in. I have done this in Nebraska, and now am backing the Davis Docking ticket in Kansas,

So new habits but not a new me. A changed me of course but not a new me. Changes do change us and It is my hope that these are creating a better me as I face not being a working woman in the next few years. That will be a del change for me; i might have to be a Walmart greeter or an early morning Micky d's counter lady. Who knows. Working is such a part of my idea of self that not working will be a real adjustment. Changes are good, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment