Friday, March 22, 2013

Last day of classes before Spring Break. Notice the capitals. I am as ready as the students for the ease of no tests, no classes, and idle time. Our seniors are doing Senior Presentations and the smarter ones to my mind have scheduled theirs for before the break. But most are going after the break and I hear both staff and students bemoaning the unfinished but required research for the project. Procrastination is never good--- and judging is basically faculty this year. That means no little old ladies to be impressed by cute decorations or the fact the student is related to their bingo pal so the judging may be a little harder. Some have only 1 judge listed. If I were a senior,I would hope beyond all limits that i had 2 judges to balance the outcome. This is new this year and we will see out it goes.

The weathermen are all over the map---slight flurries today, big dump over the weekend or vice-versa. Whatever is sent we need the moisture and i have no have to night driving this week so it can come. I am to lector at 8:00 AM mass Sunday, so my hope is our moisture gift is fairly light. Moisture is a gift in Kansas lately. recently we have had snow and rain but the drought is not broken yet. Therefore wetness is welcome in any form.

Tuesday I will finally steek my fair isle sweater which means I will cut my knitting to make the tube into a cardigan. It works. I have even cut stitches in a good friend's steek but I still get chills when I realize it is my sweater's turn. Steeking is like life it has to be done to make the sweater useable but it causes fear just as in life stepping into the new can cause fear. Once done the steek creates more beauty and in life taking that step can make all the difference.

My life has been "steeked "several times. Mother hood was a big step and it is still steeking as each new level of the relationship is revealed. Divorce was more of a rip than a steek but the aftermath has left me stronger and need I say happier. Teaching is also like motherhood a constant process so the steeking of living goes on.

There are other knitting terms that can be metaphors for life. Binding off for ending eras or relationships. casting on for new relationships etc but one that speaks to me is trust the pattern.Make that trust HIM because He works in wonderful ways just as all the twists and turns of an Aran cable pattern creates beauty in a sweater do not
always seem to work in the first repeats. The result if you trust will create something worthwhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment