Sunday, March 31, 2013

easter once again.

Watching the bible on the History Channel as I type this blog. Okay, I am doing two things at once but I have watched it before and I have been absent from here for several days. As I have a pile of papers to grade this should probably wait but i will grade in the evening.

Easter always brings a renewal of things for me so I tend to make Easter resolutions rather than the other kind. My mind is clearer when the sun is shining and the chances of ice are less. Going to set up a cleaning schedule and do a little each day. It as worked pretty well during break and the big end of the season thing is not so daunting and I want to list the knitting ufo's in a finishing plan. Bahaus fair isle is so close just 18 rows , second sock is close to the end also, ready to start the back of the Pern and these are listed to get done while I enjoy myself with the Aran. I get a bit bored so that explains the ufo's. Some go in time outs, others are new methods to learn, and others a matter of loving a yarn or a pattern. But most of the new this year will be planned Christmas presents. Not every one will get one due to time and dollars, but some will if I see something they will like(I hope) and use.

Ham is in the oven with new potatoes (yukon gold). It will feed me for over a week as once again I am alone for the holiday event. The penalty for not living in my children's areas and for having them as independent as I am. This is not a bad thing. They are there when I am in need as a couple of heart things have proven. We do not call daily or visit a lot due to busy schedules, but the love connection is there. Guess there is no cling in this mother. Good or bad? Time will tell as age catches up with me. My acceptance of the physical distance is in part due to the fact that all my relatives other than my parents lived far away from my homes in Nebraska and Missouri. Ohio and Pennsylvania were the family filled states.

Friends and faith as well as family fill my world. A cup of tea at a friend's home,lunch with another at a new cafe, knitting and nattering with others at Yarn, letters and cards from others who are further away are daily blessings. Age, economics etc do not matter; common interests, exchange of ideas and events. compassion, and so many other things make them work. They are for me the best of the gifts God has blessed me with after my daughters and family. He as blessed me well.

Easter with the resurrection is for me a new beginning-- a new spring. It is a time to reflect, to remember, to resurrect plans. to renew my life more than the New Year is. Once again it is time to bloom where I am planted. May you do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment