Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So not a great day. My son in law lost his father to pancreatic cancer. His father had told no one and so it was a shock to find out about it.Yet Larry spent his last days not being seen as a dying ma, and may be that was his wish. Still his son and parents were deprived of knowledge that might let them cope with the loss a bit more easily. Spent today wondering of Sara and I were going to go out there,but does not look like it. I have 2 college classes, Bhs classes and 3 dogs to arrange for but Becky said they are fine and to save the dollars. So another visit later after some the pain has passed is in order.

Then at Yarn found out a friend's mother has a lump in her breast and this is October--cancer awareness month. Rather hear about cures, but God has other plans and I can accept it with the help of prayer.






2 comments:

  1. I have to wonder if the world will really come up with a real cure or if the world will have more "fun" making the cancer stricken (one in 3 people) pay through the nose for stuff that works for small amounts of time and still kills them. I think they probably have good cures, but don't use them. :S I know that is a very negative way of looking at things but they always say "we've found this great cure" and then we never hear anything else about it. WHAT the heck. I really don't understand why they can't get over the money they make for the chemo and what not and then understand that the world will be a better place with cures. :S I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree in part but it is an insidious disease that seems to mutate to everyone's dna makeup and what cures one kills another. but progress has been made.

    ReplyDelete