Monday, October 15, 2012

So today was both good and somewhat of a downer. Good was the cookie baking that got done in my classes. I am estimating 8-10 dozen. We need 120 so every resident at Sunshine Meadows can have a Halloween cookie. Boys struggling with a recipe was funny. 1 tablespoon of baking soda instead of 1 teaspoon makes for a fluffy bar cookie. thankfully I brought cookies for them to eat so we could maintain the count of the designated cookies.
Beth O Brien"s class is going to make some to add to our total. Part of our total are ghosts made with Keebler elf cookies dipped in white almond bark and mini Hershey chip eyes. Tomorrow we are going make and sack pumpkin poop---Chex mix with candy corn etc. I even found cheap Halloween treat backs at Walgreens this pm. So our contribution to the BHS 2012 citizenship day is well underway though I need togo get the poop ingredients. So A Wally world run is on the horizon. Do I go around 9 pm or tomorrow
at 6AM. Not going now too crowded by half. My life is full of such momentous decisions--lol.
The bad is a sense of isolation creeping up in my soul. I hear not often enough but I do hear from my family. Living nearer would be nice but i have work here and a community with things to do... At the moment I do not want to move though it will be coming in the next ten years or so.
Two of my best pals live far away. Minnesota and South Dakota--- are not exactly coffee dropping in addresses, and these are two ladies I could do this to without notice. Now I know it is a momentary discontent and that it comes in the fall as holidays approach.
Thankfully it will pass.Tuesday and any other day I can fit it in a visit to yarn lifts my spirits. Quiet reflections on all the blessing He has given and still gives me helps. My soul will survive and without a scar. The downs just hit me for a day or so.
I wonder does anyone feel this way? As an only child I think I am more prone to it. No siblings be they blessings or pests creates a real void when both parents are gone. That unconditional acceptance that bolster so much of life is gone. but children ( and I have three great ones) help fill the emptiness.
So bear with the bad part and dwell on the good part. Life is a constant puzzle of wants, lacks and blessings. Once that is accepted it becomes easier to live through to the other side of the downs. That of course is the ups. I going to Wally world and the people there always give me a shock treatment and a laugh. Hey wait I am about to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment