Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday one of my favorite days---2 large crosswords, sleeping dogs quiet times and great pbs in the evening. Fog accompanied my drive to mass today and it was so English in nature. Scenery was visible only in an eerie slightly distorted vista. A great setting for a mystery and not an idea came to mind. Such is life.

Fall has been warm with few of the apple crisp cool days I love. Today in fact my house was above 80 inside. So turned the AC on to take it to 75. That 5 degrees is all it took for life to be more comfortable. Degrees of comfort define life. We are comfortable in our own skins until something or someone lowers our confidence a degree or so by an offhand or intended remark. Other times we find ourselves uncomfortable because a remark has caused our calmness to decrease and rise to the anger level. In these last years of my life I am learning to respond to the latter with calm reason and forgiveness and to ignore the former. Not allowing someone or something to mess with my self image is not an easy lesson but one well worth cultivating.to be frank I could not do it without the gift of faith in my life. Christ treated thieves and Pharisees with kindness and forgiveness and I try to use this as my model. Ain't easy but what in life worth having is easy.

Learning is an on going fact of life for me. Becky and Andy gave me a french press pot for my birthday, and now that i have learned how to do it. I love the freshness of the brew and the fun of brewing as i need it at the table. Still will not trade my keruig but this is handy when the cups run out or when I want to savor coffee as i eat without moving from the table. Oh yes I am spoiled with this new lesson.

Just nearly finished the wing span scarf and thought I knew how to finish the one end so did not consult the pattern. Mistake but have decided to fudge if i can or leave it as a lesson to myself to not think I am so darn smart. It is still quite nice and the yarn I chose was perfect. will try to post a picture here on facebook when it is completely bound off. next to finish the cable vest.I found a hat pattern i want to try the is moreof a roaring 20"s cloche than the usual knitcap or slouch cap. Challenges keep my brain in gear.

Next Saturday I venture out on my first yarn hop. More on it later but it consistsof 12 shops all over kansas in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment