Sunday, October 7, 2012

15 til 5 P.M. and I have just emerged from the shower and once again I am in fleece lounge pants and nightgown. yes once again. I declared this as a stay home do.nothing weekend. So have been in pajamas all weekend. Lazy maybe but such a weekend gives me time to read , to write to do anything I want to do. No agenda;no musts. eat when I am hungry-- do chores with no hurry. Washed clothes, dried them and hung them up and folded them as they came out which is not done with mid week laundry all too often.

Autumn is my favorite season as it tells us to relax and to muse. Spring re-awakes us, summer is run to this or to that for some reason. Winter is a close second to autumn but often it's most relaxed me days are due to fol weather so it is less of a choice. Also it has that frantic holiday season in its midst that spurs us to shop, create, give and host feasts. Nope autumn is my season. Weather allows travel if I wish to travel but with less on the must due schedule It is a season when I can just hang out at home and do only what the spirit moves me to do. I can rebuild my spirit this season.

Autumn is also the season of fragrance. The air is crisp,clear and at least where I live clean. It is a season filled with the spice of apple pies, pear claflouti, cider,
bean soup, roasted vegetables, pumpkin breads and pies. Not good for my weight loss but I am learning I do not have the entire thing at once. tonight roasted vegetables with evoo and herbs. Sharing helps. This week apple dump cake for teachers and claflouti for French club are on the docket. The claflouti is a sure thing; the other just a strong possibility.

Autumn is also a time for musing. With my "cuppa" ( coffee, tea)in hand I can lose myself just thinking. No navel contemplation but thoughts about beliefs( even at my age I have questions), prayer for family ad friends, future plans etc. To be honest I find pajamas help this contemplation mood. With them I need no mantras or oms as I am already in a comfort zone.

Tomorrow is a return to reality. Teaching in the am and groceries in the pm. Autumn will sustain me until next weekend which is another pajama weekend with ay luck. Just checked my schedule and no must do's are there--yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment