Saturday, May 26, 2012

School is over for the year. High school to be exact, I am teaching summer class for hcc. Next year will be different as Wes, Marilyn and Holly are gone.( names are alphabetical by surname). Familiar faces gone, changes in places, and life will go on.If othing else has been learned, it is that change is part of life. Change is not easy but it is often a needed thing if the need is not seen as at the time.

So here am thinking of changes from daughter to adult to wife and mother to single person hood once again.Each one changed me,molded me, and the result is my present day me. This me sees some changes in the future ,only some of them are expected. I will adapt as I have in the past.

There are constants in my life. Love of people is one. People enrich my life even when they frustrate me. The people in my life are precious and I hope they know I support them even when their choices scare me. Motherhood taught extreme love but it also nothing grows to full maturity if smothered. My students are part of my life and some became and still are dear to me. My love of reading is a constant also. Ever since I first saw the written word and learned to read the world of books has been part of my life. Turning pages has flown me to ancient worlds,far futures, distant places and into the minds of other people. Great adventures can be had in an armchair.

Travel is also a constant and I have been blessed to be free to do so. Monday I am off to Europe and hoping I can keep up with my young co travelers. but I will enjoy it no matter what.
OOps have to run; things to do

No comments:

Post a Comment