Thursday, July 26, 2018

The day was interesting . I went to the training for the election board workers. Lot of us elders there and so many were having problems with the  technology. It still amazes me that people resist adapting to the technology of life. Life is easier if you cope instead of resisting. I have one cousin that does not even email, and she is highly capable with  a degree in nursing. My career in education forced me to become semi comfortable with iPads, apps, iPhones, and I am thankful for it.

The other night at a meeting several phones went off and almost all of them were simple flip phones--perhaps with texting but I rather doubt it. The man next to me got a call, fumbled for his phone, flipped but could not manage to turn it off. So a smart phone would be way beyond him, and I doubt he was much beyond his 60s. I am in my 70s and thankful I can still change and learn new things.

Change is difficult for anyone. Right now, I am facing a major one. The coming move is a big change. I will not have two sources of income I now have. I will not be living alone. Wow, just writing it makes it real. Still it may open new doors for me and allow me to know someone is there if I need them. So it is a challenge and I hope in the long road it will  be a blessing.

Another thing bothered me and perhaps it should not. The wife of a candidate on one of the primary state representative recess serving on an election board. Now I know the board she is working on is not in the district  in which he is on the ballot.  Therefore there is not a area of conflict. Still, if it were I( good grammar;odd sound) no way would I do this. Why? Just to remove myself from the process except for voting if no other reason than that of appearances.

Tonight therein a lecture about photograph as art. It should be interesting and informative. The presenter is a very good photographer. In fact, I have one of his prints--an atmospheric shot of a bridge in Ireland. Every time I look at it I think the Fae series by a favorite author. It is in my mind art.

So interesting day all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment