Thursday, July 12, 2018


  The joy in life often comes from small things. This blog has discussed my love of French pressed coffee. Lately due to a broken coffee grinder it has been made with ready ground coffee, Still good but not perfect. Yesterday I reached my broken grinder with a new one, and today my coffee was made with freshly ground beans. The coffee is good, and so is life.

  The moments before dawn or those just before the full darkness falls also give me joy. They are silent moments before the world wakes and rushes in or quietly lays down the hustle and bustle to encourage sleep. Moments when memories are free to fill my mind, moments when problems can be worked through or most often moments when I can just be. Being mindful is the term they use for it down---meaning to  live in the moment. In those moments, the cool breeze, the luster of the moon, the sounds of birds  all these little things clam me and allow me to regroup  and face life with joy,

 My family is joy. Miles separate us but  social media unites us. Pictures,posts, and messages let us connect our lives. Their accomplishments give me pride and joy. I laugh with them, worry with them and rejoice with them . Giving birth to them started me on a life connection that has been a main focus of my life, and now their children and their grand children has expanded my connection and my joy,

 Reading also gives me joy.  A book introduces me to new places and allows me to travel through time. I have learned no matter the era or location humans all need acceptance for themselves and support in times of troubles. Reading enriches my life and relaxes me. the habit of reading before sleep is one of a lifetime and will remain so,

Friends add to my joy. In the past few years two ladies have been there for me. We used to work in the same building. That is no longer true. But, we meet monthly for dinner or coffee. News is exchanged as we giggle and console. whatever support is needed, we all find it there. Such Joy!!
Still I can not leave out those friendships from other places and times that still endure through letters and social media. They add to the joy.

 Not going into the joy my fur babies give me. It would take too long to describe what their companionship gives me.

 None of these things costs $$$. They are there for free and they create for me a joyful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment