Saturday, August 18, 2018

rambling mind

  Morning has come and it was a late one for me. I am usually up before the sun as either I am just awake or the dogs need to go out. Who needs an alarm? Today however dogs wanted out at 1:30AM( what is up with that?) so I went back to bed and slept until just a few minutes past 8AM. A break in  the routine like that while pleasant is also a bit of a hiccup that sets off my let's do just what we want to do alarm. Today that attitude is going to be dominant.
 
  As I write Acorn tv's Time Team is playing in the background.In the summer I tend to put cable on hiatus and just stream my television fare. Acorn,Brit Box, Netflix, and Amazon Prime allows to watch a variety of classic and new shows as well as documentaries ad free. Time Team is a program concerning historical digs in England which i dip into every so often. It played for 11 years ,and I find the second time through i hear and see things I missed round one. With  the coming move I am seriously thinking of dropping Dish as , as I news and weather apps on the phone,the newspaper and news channels on the computer.

  Downsizing will also continue today. I just have to decide where to work. Drawers etc in kitchen, knitting magazines in living room,or the one bedroom I have yet to get serious about are my choices.
The decision can wait awhile, but it has to be done as Dec 14th will come faster than I think it can. Time does indeed fly.

  Part of my lassiez faire attitude today I am sure due to the beginning of school.  Worked enrollment, open house,  morning of first day and then my new schedule the last two days. This work allows me to work in a field that I love but without the distractions of team meetings and non teaching duties  that regular classroom teachers must deal with.  Still after a schedule free summer the new daily routine causes an adjustment. However I get more done when I am on a schedule. Also the constant challenge to think about the lessons and to stay a bit ahead of the kids keeps my mind active.

 Well time to have another cup of coffee and get busy

No comments:

Post a Comment