Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wednesday after the tough day

So yesterday  memories were foremost in my mind while the sun sent warmth to the earth and made the skies bright. Today is colder and the wind is is high. How high? To quote  a favorite weatherman it is a small dog warning day. That was true several years ago when I took my 4 lb. chihuahua for a necessary walk. She often chose to relieve herself by lifting both rear legs. She was in the process when the wind took her , lifted up and set her down a few feet forward. No camera was on hand but the memory vision is still crystal clear.

Today's wind may even be higher than that day's ,and it is sweeping the memories  of yesterday away. My mind is clearer  today---less pointed inward. I look around and see tasks to do. Research reports to grade  both online and hard copies surround me. At least the online ones do not litter my kitchen table desk as I write, and I have some bills to pay and medicine to collect, but they are not must do today items. Of course, there are household chores as they are eternal. But I have made a decision  which is if it happens, it happens as most of my high priority tasks were finished yesterday.

I am sneezing and that is a mild description of the extended fits of sneezing that are hitting me today. A gift of the wind I think, but not as welcome  as the one sweeping away the moodiness of yesterday. I am also tired and that is not usual for me. I shall work through it and I will not dwell on it.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and weeks ago my decision not to travel was made. Even with gas at at a &1.41 (Yes in Hutchinson,Ks) I have not changed my mind. Finding dog sitters, driving hours, and worrying about bad weather helped me decide  to stay at home. The wind today is a precursor of a predicted freezing rain blanket over my travel  route and makes me glad I am here typing and not on the road.'

Several invitations to join families came my way. I accepted the first as that I think was the fairest way as all were welcome and attractive. The warmth of these people is a gentle breeze of love that supports me. Then had none come the large Lutheran Church here makes a community Thanksgiving meal ( free will offering) that all can attend, and they serve hundreds each year. Another blessing for our city.

So have a happy holiday, and I hope the chill wind that blows today brings you blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment