Monday, June 25, 2018

  The coffee is brewing in the press, Midsomer Murders via Acorn tv icon, the dogs are fed and it is time to write. Time also to look over my schedule for the next few weeks. the fourth of July week is fairy free but the 8 through the 11th I  will be demoing. Nice income for the summer months but the four days back to back is tiring. I was wishing for more summer work and now I have. Proof positive of the old adage be careful what you wish for.

  Actually I do not wish for many things in lfe. Things have never been the major emphasis of this life of mine. A roof  over my head, a comfortable bed, food to eat, enough money to pay for bills  are the list. But I do not spend time wishing for them. I work for them. The hardest thing in my life for years was making decisions. then in the 90's I came to realize decisions and the worry they cause did not nothing but add stress. So now I do what I can, decide what I can and leave the rest to work itself out.

 I let God take over whenI reach a point where i can no longer do anything but dither. Without verbally saying it, I surrender the problem to Him and it works out. Not always the in the manner I might wish but it works out. Less stress, less time spent in non productive this or that thinking. For over 20 years, this method has worked.

 Within the past year I made a major decision,  I will move to the Atlantic coastline and fulfill a long held secret desire. The Atlantic with cold gray depths bordered by rocky beaches has always called me though most of my life has been landlocked. So I will move by December as things are planned now which is an alteration from an earlier planned date of August. that is my fault-- downsizing sucks,literally. Also notice I am not going to the envisioned New England states but to Georgia. At least it is not to semitropical Florida which like the Pacific has never attracted me.

 So reader how do you make decisions--- with fret and worry or with let go and let God?






No comments:

Post a Comment