Saturday, June 23, 2018

Saturday am--dogs fed and put out and back in. They are all once again sleeping while I am here trying to motivate myself to do some housekeeping and writing. French press coffee is helping to rev up my less than motivated mood.





French press coffee is my addiction, I have used an electric drip(mr. coffee types) and keruig but since I learned how to use a  cafeteria for French Press.  They do not brew what I like to drink especially in the mornings. Karrie R. taught me the mechanics at her coffee shop though I had been served coffee in this form when in Europe. It is simple process---spoon coffee into the bottom cover with boiling water, stir, put top on, wait 5-6 minutes , press and drink. The coffee is fresh as norther process and it is not over boiled.

The coffee used in the process is important. It should be rather coarsely ground so grinding before brewing adds to the freshness. At the moment I an using regular coffee from the can as my grinder
is broken.  It is still good but a new grinder is a must.

Another addiction is home made artisan bread. Round loaves with brown crusts that fill the house with the wheat aroma of baking bread. Several recipes are saved for use and reuse are in my files.
I love the sourdough but messing with starter can be a rigorous chore. So I will experiment with a dry starter soon.  Another recipe uses yeast and is stirred up one day and finished the next with no kneading.

Cooking and writing both relax me and reward my sense of creativity. And today the coffee caused me to find a topic for this blog, however not so much for other household chores. Now it is time for me to get busy on those. So reader what relaxes and or inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment