Monday, June 18, 2018

Downsizing the house

Today is the last day of four days  straight of demos at Dillons. While it is good pay, it is tiring and so not much else gets done. So the downsizing has been at a standstill. Tomorrow it will begin again-- until demos call again.

Downsizing is not easy. What to keep and what discard  must be answered constantly. I am trying to apply the motto if it does not move my heart and is not a needed survival item it goes. Still that is tough. So far all my pictures are off the wall and boxed, the bathroom linen closed is cleared of old makeup, mirrors, diffusers and such most of which has gone to the bin. clothes in my main closet have been sorted , but shoes need a good sorting before heading to a charity shop. To be honest  that is only the mere surface . Much remains to be done.

DD#2 is planning on a  trip up to help with some of the bigger areas. She wants to do a yard sale and if she is here to help I am okay with that. I am not sure I have much worth to sell and on the whole hate the concept but it might be fun. So as I sort I am creating a box of small items to put out. Anything that does not sell goes to charity. Hopefully this will get me to the bear minimum of things to move.

Also deciding what furniture to keep and to get shut of is not easy but will not need it all as DD#2 and I will be joining our households. This too will be a challenge. But life without a challenges dull and the mind stagnates.


No comments:

Post a Comment