Friday, June 29, 2018

 So another day -more heat but less so than yesterday. I really do not relish being outside in heat indexes of 107-110. The dogs can not be out especially the bulldogs. I cannot but wonder how people survived heat with no air conditioning, and  not to be sexist but the women in corsets and multiple layers of petticoats must have suffered. Guess that is why they had fainting couches,

 My summer attire when I do not have to go out consists of capris( knit ones) and an oversized t-shirt. When I do venture out, it is much the same but the shirt is a nicer one but still large ( not quite as large). I also do not stay out any longer than absolutely necessary and ten do most of errands as soon as possible in the morning.  Thus you have my summer survival mode.

 Heat has never been my friend. Even as a child when a/c was not an option, I would go to a darkened room with a fan and read. At Grandma's farm this worked better than our city home because there was no heat absorbing cement around and shade trees surrounded the house. Another bonus was to go to the weekend movies with their air conditioned caverns with my father. Westerns , mysteries and an occasional madcap comedy filled those afternoons with him. Such memories of Wayne, Cooper, Peck and others and most important of the time with my  father fill my heart when I see one of toehold films on television cable or Roku streaming.

 What are your methods of beating the heat? Your memories of childhood summers?

  Back to a 1000 words tomorrow before or after working my demo job.  So until then----












No comments:

Post a Comment