Saturday, March 1, 2014

silvered saturday

The day is silvered and the sun itself has a puritan gray tone rather than a warming yellow. I think it was Lowell who wrote a poem comparing the grey silver of her native New England to her soul. today as i look at the silver paten that is our sun , that poem is running through my mind. The lines are not there but the message and mood is present. I too prefer the cooler days and grey skies do not make me dismal but sleet,ice and scary roads which result do bother me,

Heat in fact is my enemy. Not in my memory have I ever been comfortable if the temperature goes beyond 80. My comfort range is 30-75. I rarely put a coat on until it hits 20 or below unless I will be out for along time or the windchill is severe. Most of my friends are polar opposites in this aspect of their lives, and while I love sunlight and the lifted spirits it can provide the eat is not welcome.

At any the silver of the day is becoming white as sleet becomes snow. Accident pictures are beginning on the net so I am glad I did the errands this morning. Guess I will hunker down until Monday and the work week begins. The dogs even go out sniff and turn tail for the warmth of the house. I really do not see how people leave their pets out unless they have insulated or heated shelters.

But things will not be boring. Today I purchased a roku and can stream shows on my tv. Have to give honors were they are due. Steve Snook helped me find the the needed password when I got stuck installing it. That found it was a b c easy and so tonight British mysteries etc on acorntv will entertain me. Not a bad day.



No comments:

Post a Comment