Saturday, April 21, 2012

yarn

Cool morning and have been out in it twice with the pups. The 3:30 walk is once again new thanks to Winston who still has a tiny puppy bladder but he is doing well when I take him out. Still when it can be over I will be glad that I can sleep to my usual 5:30. Going back to sleep is not always is easy and so I have early A.M.s to enjoy and at times to endure. Weekends are easier as I can sneak a nap if if my vim and vinegar starts to fizzle.

Today is a knitting class. This time it is a top down sweater. Yes, I probably could figure it out on my own but the class makes it quicker and keeps me knitting. Like most knitters I often have several projects on needles. At present I have a shawl, an afghan of dishcloth squares and a fair isle cardigan in various states of completion in addition to the class sweater. Knitting engages my mind,makes me think and as the saying goes use it or lose it. My mind is safe due to needles round and straight.lol. But the class is more than that, it is a time spent with pals who have similar interests with the clatter of chatter and needles.

Yarn the store is a favorite hangout for myself and others.It is a retail store but it is more for those of us who go there.We walk in to a happy hello , a cup of coffee and conversation. The topics can be serious or funny or more important if needed silence is given. It is a place to create with needles and with caring for fellow knitters. It is a refuge from the buffets of life outside its doors though if you need to share that is done also.

These places are where you are known somewhat like the tv bar Cheers. Known and accepted with all your warts and scars showing,these places let you in and let you decide how far to let them in. You can just be and that is a gift not many places in life allow you to do. Nothing is required of you.Everyone needs one or two of these refuges in life. They allow us to regroup and to attain balance in our lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment