Thursday, October 27, 2011

thursday 10/27

A brief post just to keep it going. cooler today and western part of state had some snow. So the icy breathof winter will walk the Kansas prairie soon. Last night I was stymied as a teacher as i have ever been. For three weeks my college comp class has been doing a paper step by step in class and one student as fought it all the way. She actually cried in class, but honestly feel she needs to quit focusing on herself and start doing what is asked as it is asked and she would be done. I have gone over stuff with her, emailed her , and repeated material after class. I actually brought her the BHS freshman mla guide last night which is broken down to simple simple terms. I honestly do not know what more i can do. No one had better say to me teaching is easy. The French classes at the high school are doing great. this is the best year yet in my mind. Those youngsters help me keep and active positive outlook on life. Sure they are naive but they are willing and for the most part respectful and honest. Love every minute in the classroom at BHS. Hope to post a longer blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment